Thursday, December 20, 2012

What A Day

I realized on my drive home from Salt Lake, that it's been a while since I've blogged. I had an interesting day, so I thought I'd share it with you.

A few weeks ago, I got a call from my buddy, Jason saying that he was going to be in town for only a few hours on  December 20th. I got excited. It's not everyday that someone says that they are going to be in town. Now today is the 20th, but let's go back in time...

I had mentioned in previous postings that I had my bike stolen. The day that my bike was reported "found", my car decided to take a poop and stop working properly. Ever since that day, it would be hit and miss. One day it would work, the next it wouldn't.

I wanted to take it to Salt Lake to get it fixed, but I'd fear that it wouldn't make it. Yesterday, I decided to take it in to see what was wrong with it. I found out that it was the fuel pump and it was going to cost two arms and three legs to get it fixed. I don't have a third leg, so I thought I was screwed. It did make it to Salt Lake and back without any problems, though.

Let's fast forward to today, shall we? Since the car did, indeed make it to Salt Lake and back, I thought that I would take a chance and drive it out to meet up with Jason. I drove to his hotel with no problems. Then, we went to a restaurant and some thrift stores (big surprise) with no problems. I was so relieved.

It was good hanging out with him. Last time I saw him, was when I was getting on a flight to San Francisco. He's a flight attendant and his flight was about to take off just before mine. I think the last time I saw him before that was at his wedding in 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment