Sunday, December 2, 2012

The Case of the Missing Bike Part 3

I know, I told you that the last post was, "the conclusion", but all great things end in trilogies. This is actually the conclusion. Let's go back a little bit, shall we. In the first installment of , "The Case of the Missing Bike", I had told you that I lost my bike and I had no idea where it was. I looked all around town looking for it. In Part 2, I figured out that it was actually stolen. Get ready for the third part. It's actually quite the adventure.

Today, I was sitting at church and I my phone went off. I looked at the number and it was very similar to my work number. I thought that we had gotten uber busy at work and they needed me to come in and save the day. I checked the voicemail. It wasn't work at all. Turns out, it was a lady from the radio station. Sadly, I didn't win tickets to a concert. It was something better. Something that brought me some relief.

Earlier in the week I had placed an ad on the website explaining that I had lost my bike. The dj's at the station would then read off all the lost and found items every morning. This lady from the station got tired of hearing about my bike every morning. It was driving her nuts. She noticed that there was a bike laying on the side of her neighbor's house for about three weeks now, and realized that the bike looked very similar to the bike I put in the ad.

Fast forward to today: She called me and I described the bike and told me to come by. I got very excited that I left the church forgetting my jacket. I went over and sure enough, that was my bike. The best part was that the house was just a block away from mine.

Case Closed!

No comments:

Post a Comment