Wednesday, September 5, 2012

One Man's Trash...

I guess what they say is true. One man's trash is another man's treasure. At least that's the case for me. For the past couple of years, I've discovered that if you look hard enough in the thrift stores, you can find a lot of cool music.

There's a thrift store in town that sells all their CDs for a dollar each. I know what you're thinking. "Why doesn't Chris just download music from the internet"? I do. I'm also of a dying breed who actually likes the physical copy of a CD. I like displaying the little pieces of artwork in my CD binder.

I'm not a big R.E.M. fan, but since I do like some of their songs, I've gone to the thrift stores and now I have their albums from 1988-1994 (it's probably their best stuff). For the same price or a little more, I could have just gone to itunes and bought just the songs that I like.

Since I've been doing this, I've found a lot of jems. Some bad, some good. Some people collect baseball cards. Others collect comic books. I collect music. I bought the French Kiss soundtrack not because I liked the movie, but because The Beautiful South did a version of the song, "Dream a Little Dream of Me" in French, and I've been looking all over the place for it and couldn't find it anywhere. The Batman soundtrack was also hard to find. Since I'm a Prince fan (and who isn't) I had to have it.

Anyway, I'm almost out of room in my CD binders and I need to get another one. That's one thing I can never find in the thrift stores.

Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment