Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Over the Stress

I was starting to get stressed out. This month I knew that I had to pay for a bunch of stuff that I didn't want to pay for. Plus, my hours at work had been cut. Since I don't have a money tree in my backyard, I had to figure out how I was going to pay for it. So I went to God. I knew that I had to trust that HE was going to provide.

Deadlines were quickly approaching and I was starting to get sick. I couldn't even sleep well at night. Somehow things got better.

My neighbor called me right when I was stressing out. He had some work and was willing to pay me $15/hr. for helping him. So, that helped a little bit.

I had a leak in my car and it was going to cost me $160 to fix. My uncle looked at the car and it turns out that a few screws needed to be tightend. The leak is now gone.

Here in Utah, every year I have to get a saftey inspection on my car. Everywhere I looked, it was going to cost between $30 and $40. I eventually found a place that only charged me $17.

My registration on my car cost me $165 last year so, I was anticipating paying that or maybe more. I only had to pay $67.

The only other major expense I had to pay was my car insurance. Unfortunately, the price went up. Since I had saved so much money, it wasn't that much of a pain to pay.

A couple of years ago, I was lucky if I had $200 in my bank account. It was hard for me to eat, because paying rent was my number one priority. I am very fortunate that I do have expenses that I could afford. I guess blessed is the word I should be using, not fortunate.

Count your blessings and don't take them for granted.


1 comment: