Sunday, July 8, 2012

Just Following the Rules

Tonight, I made shrimp stir-fry for dinner. As I was finishing up the cooking, I realized that I didn't have enough shrimp. So, I went to the store to pick up some more.

Out on the highway, a car was very anxious and was tailgating me for a good chunk of the drive. The next lane was pretty busy and I could not move over. As soon as I passed the "45 MPH" sign the driver started honking at me. I'm just following the rules. Plus, the cops always like to hang out on that portion of the highway. When there was enough room for the guy the car to pass, he passed, showed me his favorite finger and sped down the street. Then I saw some blue and red lights flash and next thing you know, the driver gets pulled over.

Six miles later, I go to turn into the center lane to turn onto the next street. Now, there's a sign that says something like, yeild to the other drivers on green. As I'm stopped and waiting to go, another car decides to honk at me. At this point, I would love to go, but there's too many cars coming and I do not want to get hit. The light turns red and this older gentleman comes out of his car and confronts me. I'm just telling him that I'm following the rules and I'm not going to get hit just so he can get to wherever he's going a little faster. A police officer comes and tells us to turn on to the next street and pull over. The officer wants to know what's going on. I explain that I was waiting to turn and this man started to confront me.The officer let me go.

By the time I got to the store, I forgot what I was buying. Not only that, but I walked by the shrimp a couple of times before I remembered that I wanted to buy the shrimp in the first place. Anywho, I got the shrimp, made my dinner, and all was well.

1 comment:

  1. You followed the rules AND got to piss two people off? Well done, sir.

    ReplyDelete