Thursday, June 28, 2012

Writing

Writing is weird. Some ideas come at you instantly, kind of like your're grabbing them out of the sky. Other times it'll take a long time for the perfect subject to come along. It could take a week. It could take a year. For me it's taking a decade.

I started writing a book in the late 2000s. It was going to be about me, but it wasn't going to be about me (I know, it sounds confusing). Let's try this again. The book was going to be about my life, but instead of Chris Luna, it was going to be about another guy. I never had a name for the other guy. Just for fun, let's call him, oh, I don't know.... Gary Parks.

After a few pages, I'd go on and on about this character, but I got to the point that nobody would want to read this. So, I'd crumple up the papers from my notebook and throw them away, and Gary would never see the light of day. Every now and then I would start writing again and get the same feeling. I even had a different subject. The last attempt was about a guy named Tim Deshazer who found a frozzen alien in his pool. Then I remembered that this was just another version of the Pauly Shore classic, "Encino Man". My next idea was about an elderly man who won the lottery, and instantly died. Then I realized that the story came from the song, "Ironic" by Alanis Morrisette. I had lost all originality and stopped writting all together.

For the past week or so, I've started blogging again. I haven't wrote a blog since 2010. It's been real fun getting back into the game. After a few blog entries, a person named Judy has been writting some pretty encouraging comments on the blogs. Thank you Judy. They have been realy uplifting. So uplifting, in fact, that I have decided to pick up my pen and start writing again. This time, I'm not going to stop after a couple of pages. I'm not going to just jump into it either. That's where I start throwing papers away.

Anywho, my computer's telling me that I'm almost out of battery and I'm too lazy to get my charger out. That's all I have for tonight.

Goodnight y'all.

1 comment:

  1. Chris, you should write a none-too-veiled plagiarism of Encino Man. Call it Reseda Man. Make the first line, "It's a long day, defrosting in Reseda...". It's gonna be hilarious.

    ReplyDelete