Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Am I the Bad Guy?

Today I was working at work (I didn't erase that because, let's face it, it looks funny), and this mother made had her two-year-old go on the merry-go-round. Once the kid got on the ride, he was so excited to get on the elephant. Then, for whatever the reason was, the kid wouldn't get on the elephant. His mother picked him up and put him on the animal. All of a sudden, the child started crying bloody murder. She took him off of the elephant and the kid stopped crying. She picked him up and put him on a deer instead. Guess what, the damn kid started crying and this time I was starting to get a little frustrated because all I wanted to do was start the ride up.

As other children started loading onto the ride, this kid started SCREAMING. I told the lady that I needed to start the ride and that her son either needed to get on one of the animals or get off of the merry-go-round. She got mad at me and said that I was being rude. So I decided that I was going to be nice. I gave her ten seconds to put her child on an animal. The kid clearly didn't want to ride. I then went over to this lady and told her that she needed to get off of the ride. She then preceded to chew me out. Then I did something really stupid. "Look, the ride only costs three dollars. You can get your money back.", I said. This made her mad and she swore at me. "Fudge you" (only she didn't say, "fudge"), she screamed. "I'm going to go right up to your supervisor and tell him what a jerk you are". I just told her that I needed to start the ride up and that she was holding it up. "Ma'am, I'm just doing my job". At that moment, she picked up her son and stormed off.

I turned around and started up the ride. I then felt a pat on my back. I looked and it was another mother. She said that I would have told her the same exact thing. Other parents around me praised me. I was just doing my job.

Later, the lady came back and apologized for making a scene. She and her son got back on the merry-go-round. He started to cry again and I started up the ride.


3 comments:

  1. Nope. (You're not the bad guy.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way. That fact that she apologized shows you were the good guy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never wonder if you're doing a bad job just because crazy person acts crazy toward you. Sanity pisses them off.

    ReplyDelete