Monday, June 25, 2012

Hayber

Well, it's actually Heber. It's the town right next to Park City. By right next to, I mean it's about 20 miles away. It's like this. There's Park City. Then there's a HUGE dam, followed by a whole lot of nothing, then there's Heber.

I've titled this, "Hayber" because I was at the Wal-Mart over there in Hayber and I overheard the clerk tell a customer that she was in Hayber and Provo was just about 30 miles away and a day and a half walk away.
I love these people. They've grown on me.

Heber's a cool place. It almost looks like a one horse town. Mostly everything's on one street. It's also where I go to church, so I'm there at least once a week. The down side is that almost everything is closed on Sundays.

My favorite place to eat is a place called, Chick's Diner. The funny thing about Chick's is (and I'm not joking) it's next to Dick's Barber Shop. My first time at Chick's I ordered the biscuits and gravy. The waitress said, "You'll love it. The sausage in the gravy comes from Jackie's farm, and Jackie kills and slaughters all the pigs himself (that's just what I want to hear right before I eat the sausage gavy). Since you're a stranger here, you don't know Jackie, but he's just a big ol"teddy bear". You gotta love that.

Since I started talking about the restaurant I forgot what I was going to say. I had a story about a dancing old man who was hanging out with this "gangsta" looking kid. Since I got on this tangent about the restarant, I forgot about what happened. I guess the old man danced and the kid was listening to Snoop Dogg or Dre or 2Pac.

Anywho, Heber's cool and if any of my California friends are reading this, I can't wait to take you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment