Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Peace

All my life people have been telling me to take pride in my work. Years ago, someone told me that no matter how much work may suck, you need to find joy in your work.

When I take pride in my work, I tend to go, "Look at me. Look what I did". I'd say it in a bragging way. When I was finding joy in my work, I'd be cleaning up the house, I couldn't find any joy, and my mom would have The View on, and I'd be like, "There's Joy Behar, is that the "joy" I've been looking for"?

Lately, I'd be working. Raking leaves and shoveling snow for my uncle. Doing these things here in Park City can be an all day task. I try to find things that tend to keep my mind busy while I'm working. When I work, I start talking to God. When I do that, he gives me peace of mind. I call it, "finding peace while in my work".

Who knew hard work could be so peaceful?

No comments:

Post a Comment