Saturday, November 3, 2012

Good Ol' Frankie Laine

Okay, so you're probably wondering who Frankie Laine is. Anybody who grew up in my generation or my parent's generation may know that Frankie Laine is the man who sang the theme song to the film, "Blazing Saddles".

For about 13 years or so, I've been wanting to get that song, but for whatever the reason, I never did. Today I was on iTunes, and for whatever the reason was, that song was in my head. So, I went to go see if it was downloadable. To my surprise, it was!

I wanted to see what else Frankie Laine sang. The name always sounded familiar, but I don't think I had ever heard any of his other songs. It turns out that Frankie sang a lot of songs that I grew up on, through long trips with my grandparents. A lot of these songs you may not know, but I remember them like it was yesterday.  The guy sang "Rawhide" and "Gunfight at the O.K. Corral".

Yee-haw.

No comments:

Post a Comment